Free ⭐ Premium Posts

Incredible moment dad leaps over gap in apartment block's crumbling 600ft-high walkway to save his family during Thailand's mega earthquake

Proper news from Britain - News from Britain you won’t find anywhere else. Not the tosh the big media force-feed you every day!

Dramatic video has revealed the moment a heroic father jumped across a gap 600ft in the air to get to his wife and child as an earthquake tore their apartment block apart.

Devoted dad Kwon Young Jun, 36, made the Hollywood-style leap as the walkway connecting his block to a neighbouring high-rise collapsed in Bangkok, Thailand, on March 28. 

Shocked onlookers on the ground below who were recording the effects of the 7.7-magnitude quake captured the moment.

Kwon, who is originally from Seoul in South Korea, was later pictured with his family on the street outside.

The father-of-one said: 'All I could think about was getting back down to the room to save my wife and child. 

'I realised it was an earthquake and the building was breaking apart, but I saw the gap and just jumped.'

Kwon's wife Sukanya Yutuam, 35, said: 'It's very dangerous. When I saw the clip, I was shocked like everyone else.'

She said her husband had been exercising on the 52nd floor of one of the three blocks in the condominium complex - each of which are connected by an air bridge - when the quake struck.

The adjoining buildings begin shaking in the footage before debris from the air bridge is seen falling hundreds of feet to the ground
As the video zooms in a faint figure is seen leaping between the two buildings and running across
As the video zooms in a faint figure is seen leaping between the two buildings and running across
Devoted father-of-one Kwon Young Jun made the leap to get back to his wife and child as the earthquake struck

'The events that day happened so fast,' Yutuam, a beauty influencer said. 'No one was at their most mindful. Instinct took over and he jumped across the buildings.'

Incredibly, Kwon was largely unscathed, suffering just minor scratches on his arm despite his audacious rescue attempt.

He said the concrete bridge had not been separated at first, and, thinking only of getting to his family, he decided to run and not look back, even as he heard a loud bang. 

His wife and daughter had been in their apartment on the 30th floor when the quake struck. 

After making it back to his building, Kwon reportedly realised that they had already evacuated and walked down more than 40 floors to reunite with them outside.

Yutuam, who goes by Ms Bowyuri online, said her husband 'always thinks about his family first no matter what he does, to the point where he forgets that crossing over to another building is very dangerous,' adding: 'I did not choose the wrong person.'

The developer of Park Origin, the complex where the family lived, said the building remains safe after Friday's quake after a series of safety checks had been conducted, The Straits Times reports.

Kwon Youngjun, 36, a man who jumped over a bridge connecting two apartment blocks breaking during earthquake, poses with his wife Sukanya Yatuam, 35, during an interview
Kwon's wife Sukanya Yutuam, an online beauty influencer, said: 'When I saw the clip, I was shocked like everyone else'

The company added that the structure of the connecting bridge was still strong, and that it had been designed to disconnect from building and remain attached to another so the blocks could move freely in the even of earthquakes.

Bangkok was shaken by the huge quake on Friday, with high-rise apartment blocks shaken and some even destroyed as it hit.

A high-rise building under construction in the Thai capital collapsed, burying dozens of people alive.  

Two bodies were pulled from the rubble on Monday but dozens were still missing and at least 20 have been confirmed dead. 

Meanwhile in neighbouring Myanmar, where the epicentre of the quake was detected, the death toll has reached 2,886, with 4,639 injured and 373 missing, China's state-run Xinhua reported, citing Myanmar's state administration council information team.

Myanmar and Chinese rescuers carry the body of a victim that was trapped under the rubble of the collapsed building 'Sky Villa Condominium development' in Mandalay on April 2, 2025
The building collapsed in seconds
Horrified onlookers see the cloud of dust rising moments after the building collapsed

The country's ruling military junta has been accused of suppressing the scale of the disaster, leading the BBC to speculate the death toll could be far higher, as the UN warned the quake had compounded 'an already dire crisis' amid a four-year civil war.

Five days after the earthquake struck, many people are still sleeping outdoors without any aid, either unable to return to ruined homes or afraid of further aftershocks. 

Meanwhile, the US Geological Survey's predictive modelling estimated that the number of casualties could top 10,000 and economic losses could exceed the country's annual economic output. 

South KoreaThailand

Adblock test (Why?)



Popular Posts